SUPERINTENDENT: Westmont Hilltop School District. The Westmont Hilltop School District is searching for its next superintendent who will empower conscientious and skilled faculty, administrators and staff to effectively educate the district’s approximately 1,500 students. By demonstrating a genuine commitment to the Westmont community and its stakeholders, the district is looking for a leader with the following leadership skills and strategic competencies, including but not limited to:
- The skills to execute the mission, vision and core values of WHSD;
- The experience to incorporate proven educational leadership practices and trends that will continue to drive the achievement and readiness of students;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that will inform and appropriately influence district stakeholders, including administrators, faculty, staff, students and the community;
- Effective interpersonal abilities to engage administrators, faculty, staff, students and the community in the school buildings and at school/community events;
- A systematic approach that prioritizes a shared set of clear, strategic goals and organization-wide procedures for execution;
- A solid understanding of, and appropriate experience in school finance, human resource management, facilities, safety and security and school law;
- The ability to effectively implement Board-approved policies and procedures, and partner well with the entire Board as the 10th non-voting member;
- Experience and/or a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of a school district community and environment like Westmont Hilltop;
- A demonstrated history of living values such as respect, accountability, trust and integrity;
- A situational and dynamic leadership style that emphasizes thoughtful collaboration with others.
Candidates who email their cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton to start the process will receive instructions for submitting an application and other documentation. The deadline to be assured consideration is January 31, 2018. Contact info: (717) 636-3238, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents that will need to be submitted include:
- PA letter of eligibility /proof of qualifications to serve as superintendent
- Act 24 clearance; current Act 34/Act 151 clearances/FBI clearance (within 1 year).
- Sealed university transcripts.
- Other instructions will follow for interested candidates
Openings for the 2018/2019 school year:
- Robotics Adviser, Westytek
What's in an application packet?
- Letter of Interest
- Standard PA Teacher's application
- Copy of PA Teaching Certificate
- College Transcripts
- 3 letters of reference
- Current clearances (Acts 34, 114, 151 & PDE 6004).
Unless otherwise stated below, please submit your application through www.paeducator.net an online clearinghouse for professional school employees interested in applying for positions within our district. There is no charge for applicants. Please complete the online Standard Application for Teaching Positions in PA public schools and upload the required documents to www.paeducator.net
- PA teachers application (link below)
- a copy of your PA certificate
- Copy of transcripts
- Health screening & TB test form (must be within 1 year of application date)
- Federal Act 114 (code 1KG6XN)
- PDE 6004 (link below)
- Act 168 (link below) to be sent to past employers