GJCTC Evacuation - Thursday, April 18, 2024

Parents and Guardians,

This morning the Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center was evacuated due to an elevated carbon monoxide level in the HVAC system.  The building was evacuated immediately after the alarm notification and students were returned to their sending school districts or home.  At the Junior-Senior High School, we are evaluating students that are communicating symptoms that may be caused by carbon monoxide exposure.  We are asking families of students that went home after the evacuation to monitor your child’s symptoms. If they are experiencing headaches, stomachaches, or not feeling well, you are encouraged to seek medical evaluation and immediate fresh air. 

Also, we have learned of a social media report that we are experiencing elevated levels of carbon monoxide at the Junior-Senior High School.  This is not accurate and has not occurred, and we plan to continue with the normal school day.


Tom Mitchell