Westmont Hilltop Cyber Academy (WHCA)
- Instruction will be delivered remotely utilizing the Westmont Hilltop Cyber Academy (WHCA).
- Courses will be offered asynchronously through prerecorded lessons and materials provided through the learning management systems of Acellus, Apex, and/or CodeHS.
- A WHSD teacher will be assigned regularly scheduled office hours so students/families have opportunities to have questions answered, etc. All of the WHCA teachers are highly qualified, meaning that they offer cyber support within the same PA teaching certification area that they teach at WHSD. These are teachers that are familiar with WHSD students, thus facilitating a seamless transition back to In-person Learning at any time during the school year in the event a student wants to transition back to an In-person and/or Blended Learning environment.
- Socialization opportunities will be provided for WHCA students so that students may be able to interact with other students via Zoom. As a result, students will have opportunities to discuss the importance of feeling connected, improving self-esteem, and being part of a community on a developmentally appropriate level.
- WHCA attendance requirements are based upon the daily time spent in a class as well as weekly progress checks. WHCA has the expectation that a student will complete 30 minutes of seat time daily in each class that they are enrolled in. A typical course schedule for an elementary school is five classes (150 minutes) and six classes (180 minutes) for the Junior/Senior High. Students may complete courses in ways that work best for them provided that weekly benchmarks and passing grades are met.
- Since a WHCA student is still enrolled in the WHSD, they are able to participate in clubs, athletics, PTO events, and activities that occur. Students in grades 7-12 are able to earn National Honor Society (NHS) or National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) based on their progress and grades at the end of the third quarter.
- WHES students may volunarily attend synchronous and/or asynchronous WHSD Blended Learning classes virtually.
- Westmont Hilltop Jr. Sr. High School students may be enrolled in credit-bearing courses in both WHCA as well as in WHSD Blended Learning courses. WHCA grades 7-12 students enrolled in WHSD Blended Learning courses will attend virtually with the awareness that period attendance is required.
WHCA Material Distribution:
Parents/students may pick up materials on Wednesday, August 26th as indicated below.
- Grades K-6 WHCA students at the WHES from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Grades 7-12 WHCA students at the Jr. Sr. High School from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
All K-12 WHCA Students may participate in Picture Day!
Pictures will be taken on Thursday, September 3rd between 1:30 - 2:30 at the Jr. Sr. High School.
Acellus Login: https://signin.acellus.com/SignIn/
Apex Learning Login: https://www.apexvs.com/ApexUI/default.aspx
CodeHS Login: https://codehs.com/login
WHCA Student Handbook
WHCA Listing of Cyber Course Options