The Hilltopper Foundation

What is The Hilltopper Foundation?
The Hilltopper Foundation is an opportunity for parents, community members, business partners, and alumni to provide financial support for the benefit of students.  The Hilltopper Foundation consists of two distinct funds: Permanent Endowment and Temporary Restricted Funds.
What are the Temporary Restricted Funds?
The Temporary Restricted Funds are based on the donor's wishes.  Donors have the opportunity to support our students will gift that would be immediately accessed by the foundation to enhance our students' experience with additional resources and opportunities.  
What is the WHSD Endowment?
The establishment of a permanent endowment fund will give the school district a new way to support the students and the school community. This endowment fund will target the needs that our students and faculty, and especially the donors to the Endowment Fund, identify as important to them.
How an Endowment Fund Works
An endowment is funded by tax-deductible donations that are invested to earn interest. Only the investment growth is used; the initial gift is held permanently.
Who decides where my contribution goes?
Typically, people who donate to the endowment funds have the option of directing what special programs they would like to support or leaving that to the discretion of the Endowment advisors.
Where did the donations to start the fund originate?
The initial gift to the endowment fund constitutes contributions made by school board members and the leadership team in honor of our former superintendent, Dr. Carol Strange, who retired recently after twenty-six years of service to the district. Dr. Strange recognized that an endowment fund would be much more helpful to the school district than any other token of appreciation we might provide in honor of her retirement. The Endowment Fund is administered through the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies.
Are contributions tax deductible?
Donations are tax-deductible.  Please contact your tax professional for individual circumstances and questions. 
How can I make a donation?
There are multiple ways to make a donation:
  • Temporary Restricted Funds: Donations can be sent to the Westmont Hilltop School District, 222 Fair Oaks Drive, Johnstown, PA  15905
  • Permanent Endowment Funds: Donations may be placed online at
For more information, call the administrative office at 814-255-6751.