Human Resources - WHSD is an EOE
Openings for the 2020/2021 school year:
Westmont Hilltop School District is seeking:
Tutors to work with students on academic skills - During May 2021:
- Elementary School - Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:45-4:45 p.m.
- Jr./Sr. High School - Monday & Wednesdays 3:00-4:00 p.m.
This opportunity is available to current teachers, paraprofessionals, and substitute teachers. Please contact Dr. Nicole Cramer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 255-8748 on or before Wednesday, March 10th if you are interested.
Substitute Custodians $13.27/hr (please submit an application/clearances to email@example.com)
Substitute Teachers $95/day (PA Certified) (please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Westmont Hilltop Jr/Sr High School
Short term Secondary Math Teacher (March 1 - April 16th, 2021)
Activities and School-Related Positions:
Anticipated openings for the 2020-21 school year.
- Performing Arts Production Manager: Send a letter of interest to Mrs. Lynn Clement (email@example.com) to express interest.
- Varsity Assistant Softball Coach - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2021
Westmont Hilltop Elementary School
Westmont Hilltop School District Vendors
- Paraprofessional Aides: Ignite Education Solutions is hiring paraprofessional aides for the WHSD. If interested, call 814-262-0732.
- Emergency Substitute Teachers (any bachelor's degree) - Contact Karen Makin, IU8
- School Bus Driver: McIlwain School Bus Lines is hiring drivers for the WHSD. If interested, email or call Mr. Conrad Sikirica at email@example.com or 814-288-1594.
What's in an application packet for a teaching position?
- Letter of Interest
- Standard PA Standard Teacher's application
- Valid PA Teaching Certificate
- College Transcripts & Praxis scores
- 3 letters of reference
- Current clearances (Acts 34, 114, 151, & PDE 6004 Arrest & Conviction Report)
- Copy of recent Act 126 training certificate (Mandated Reporter Training)
- Act 168 Forms to mail to previous employers (blank forms can be found on the right-hand side of this page)
- Send a cover letter asking to be put on the substitute list as a Prospective Teacher, along with the standard PA teaching Application
- Letter from dean/supervisor stating they are currently enrolled in a PA college or university in a teacher preparation program that is PDE approved, and that you are of good moral character
- Must have completed 60 semester hours (a copy of their current enrollment transcript),
- Clearances (6004, Crim, Child Abuse, FBI and Mandated Reporter training certificate),
- Health screening & TB test results
- apply for a PPID number through PDE TIMS (if you haven’t already)
- apply for an Emergency Certification Type 06 with our school district and we will approve
The permit is valid for one school year and the prospective teacher can teach for no more than 10 days for a single teacher and not more than 20 days for multiple employees. The permit may be renewed for one additional year if the student provides documentation of continued enrollment in the preparation program and the completion of an additional 15 credit hours.
Send all info to: