Human Resources - WHSD is an EOE
Openings for the 2021/2022 school year:
Westmont Hilltop School District is seeking:
School Police Officer (SPO)
The School Police Officer (SPO) is responsible for enforcing good order (as defined by 24 P.S. § 7-778) in WHSD school buildings, on school buses, and on school grounds. The SPO shall support WHSD programs, as required and when appropriate, by enforcing the PA Crimes Code and other local ordinances (i.e. summary offenses) that may be applicable. An SPO will also maintain professional relationships with local law enforcement, assist with misdemeanor and felony investigations as needed, and coordinate safety efforts with other first responders.
The SPO must have:
- Successful completion of basic training as required by the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission under 53 Pa.C.S. Ch. 21 Subch. D (relating to municipal police education and training) or have graduated from the Pennsylvania State Police Academy, been employed as a State trooper with the Pennsylvania State Police, and separated from that service in good standing,
- Successful completion of the Basic School Resource Officer Course of Instruction offered by the National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO) or an equivalent course of instruction approved by PCCD. Successfully maintains essential credentials and certifications in an ongoing manner.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or 15years of equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of criminal justice work, or related experience with school or industrial related security or the equivalent preferred.
Deadline to mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) packet of information: Friday, April 16, 2021
Substitute Custodians $13.27/hr (click here to submit an online application, email clearances to email@example.com)
Substitute Teachers $95/day (PA Certified) (please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Westmont Hilltop Jr/Sr High School
Activities and School-Related Positions:
- Hockey - Varsity Head Coach - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: email@example.com by May 28, 2021
Westmont Hilltop Elementary School
2nd Grade Teacher (3 Positions Available) Second Grade Teacher is responsible to create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation in elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members. Deadline to mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) employment packet: Friday, April 16, 2021
Westmont Hilltop School District Vendors
- Paraprofessional Aides: Ignite Education Solutions is hiring paraprofessional aides for the WHSD. If interested, call 814-262-0732.
- Emergency Substitute Teachers (any bachelor's degree) - Contact Karen Makin, IU8
- School Bus Driver: McIlwain School Bus Lines is hiring drivers for the WHSD. If interested, email or call Mr. Conrad Sikirica at email@example.com or 814-288-1594.
What's in an application packet for a teaching position?
- Letter of Interest
- Standard PA Standard Teacher's application
- Valid PA Teaching Certificate
- College Transcripts & Praxis scores
- 3 letters of reference
- Current clearances (Acts 34, 114, 151, & PDE 6004 Arrest & Conviction Report)
- Copy of recent Act 126 training certificate (Mandated Reporter Training)
- Act 168 Forms to mail to previous employers (blank forms can be found on the right-hand side of this page)
- Send a cover letter asking to be put on the substitute list as a Prospective Teacher, along with the standard PA teaching Application
- Letter from dean/supervisor stating they are currently enrolled in a PA college or university in a teacher preparation program that is PDE approved, and that you are of good moral character
- Must have completed 60 semester hours (a copy of their current enrollment transcript),
- Clearances (6004, Crim, Child Abuse, FBI and Mandated Reporter training certificate),
- Health screening & TB test results
- apply for a PPID number through PDE TIMS (if you haven’t already)
- apply for an Emergency Certification Type 06 with our school district and we will approve
The permit is valid for one school year and the prospective teacher can teach for no more than 10 days for a single teacher and not more than 20 days for multiple employees. The permit may be renewed for one additional year if the student provides documentation of continued enrollment in the preparation program and the completion of an additional 15 credit hours.
Send all info to: