Human Resources - WHSD is an EOE
Openings for the 2022/2023 school year:
- Metz Culinary Management Is seeking food service workers for the WHES 4.5 hrs./day, 5 days a week, holidays off, PTO, and Union membership after a 30-day probationary period. Please email Don McIntosh @ [email protected] or by ph: 814-255-8750
Westmont Hilltop School District is seeking:
- Full-Time ($17.31/hr.)
- Full-Time, Part-Time, and Substitute Custodians ($14.07/hr.)
- Substitute Teachers (certified or student teachers: complete the application at the bottom of the page and submit it to [email protected] - Stipend: $100/day
- Have a Bachelor's Degree & Interested in Substitute Teaching?: Please go thru (IU8 Guest Teacher Program or Ignite Sub Teacher Program)
- Substitute Secretary
Westmont Hilltop Jr/Sr High School
Activities and School-Related Positions
- Baseball - Boys Varsity Assistant Coach - - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: [email protected]
- Track and Field - Varsity and Junior High Assistant Coach (Throwing and Jumping Events) - - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: [email protected]
- Football - Varsity Assistant Coach - - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: [email protected]
Westmont Hilltop Elementary School
- Part-Time Elementary Music Teacher/Instructor - Music Instructor/Teacher needed to teach beginner instrumental lessons. Please send the application packet to: [email protected]
- Social Science Content Leader - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Dr. Amy Brown: [email protected]
Westmont Hilltop School District Vendors
- Metz Culinary Management Please email Don McIntosh @ [email protected] or by ph: 814-255-8750
- Paraprofessional Aides:
- Emergency Substitute Teachers (any bachelor's degree) - Contact Karen Makin, IU8
- School Bus Drivers:
What's in an application packet for a teaching or professional position?
- Letter of Interest
- Standard PA Standard Teacher's application
- Valid PA Teaching Certificate
- College Transcripts & Praxis scores
- 3 letters of reference
- Current clearances (Acts 34, 114, 151, & PDE 6004 Arrest & Conviction Report)
- Copy of recent Act 126 training certificate (Mandated Reporter Training)
- Act 168 Forms to mail to previous employers (blank forms can be found on the right-hand side of this page)
(Act 86 of 2016):
- Be currently enrolled in a Pennsylvania-approved college or university teacher preparation program;
- Have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours or equivalent; and
- Meet requirements of the School Code related to clearances, citizenship, and good moral character.
- The educator may teach a maximum of 10 days for a single employee and a maximum of 20 days per school year.
- Under Act 91 of 2021, for the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years only there is no limit to the number of hours or days a prospective teacher may substitute except for someone who is student teaching per 22 Pa. Code § 354.25(f).
- Individuals fulfilling the student teaching experience per 22 Pa. Code §354.25(f) may not substitute for longer than 10 days for a single professional employee or no more than 20 days total for the school year and must possess at least one satisfactory observation related to their student teacher program.
- Please note that after the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years, any service on a prospective teacher permit prior to service during the student teacher program in the same school year will be counted toward the 20 total days limitation.
- The permit may be reissued for one additional year, as long as the educator:
- Provides proof of completion of an additional 15 credits hours or equivalent from a PDE-approved preparation program provider; and
- Remains enrolled in a PDE-approved preparation program.
- The LEA is responsible for maintaining accurate records and evidence of the above requirements being met.
Send all info to: