Human Resources - WHSD is an EOE
Openings for the 2023/2024 school year:
Westmont Hilltop School District is seeking:
Part-Time Police Officers
- Hourly Rate: $20.00/hr. Please send your letter of interest to Thomas Mitchell, Superintendent, 222 Fair Oaks Drive, Johnstown, PA 15905, or email [email protected].
Building Maintenance Technician
- Full-Time ($17.31/hr.)
Complete the online application or print the application and mail or email to [email protected]
Substitute Teaching/Secretary Positions
- Substitute Teachers (certified or student teachers: complete the application at the bottom of the page and submit it to [email protected] - Stipend: $100/day
- Have a Bachelor's Degree & Interested in Substitute Teaching?: Please go thru (IU8 Guest Teacher Program or Ignite Sub Teacher Program)
- Substitute Secretary
Email the application to [email protected]
Westmont Hilltop Elementary School
Positions for the 2023-24 School Year:
- Ameri-Corp Positions - Multiple AmeriCorps positions for the 2023-24 school year. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Adam Wilfong at [email protected] For more information about the AmeriCorps program, visit: https://www.pmsc.org/
Westmont Hilltop Jr/Sr High School
Positions for the 2023-24 School Year:
- 8th Grade Physical Science Teacher
- Secondary School Special Education Teacher
- Long-Term Substitute, Music Teacher/Choral Director from August 15, 2023 until January 12, 2024
- Long-Term Substitute, Secondary Social Studies Teacher from January 15, 2024 until May 29, 2024
Step 1 Salary: $45,500 w/Bachelors and $47,250 w/Masters
Please send your application packet to Thomas Mitchell, Superintendent, 222 Fair Oaks Drive, Johnstown, PA 15905, or email [email protected]. Deadline: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Activities and School-Related Positions
- Soccer - Boys Junior High Coach - - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: [email protected]
- Soccer - Girls Junior High Coach - - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: [email protected]
- Football - Junior High Head Coach - - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: [email protected]
- Football - Junior High Assistant Coach - - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tom Callihan: [email protected]
- Yearbook - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mrs. Lynn Clement: [email protected]
- Content Leader, Science - please submit a letter of interest and resume to Mrs. Amy Brown: [email protected]
Westmont Hilltop School District Vendors
- Metz Culinary Management Is seeking food service workers for the WHES 4.5 hrs./day, 5 days a week, holidays off, PTO, and Union membership after a 30-day probationary period. Please email Don McIntosh @ [email protected] or by ph: 814-255-8750
- Ignite Education Solutions: Paraprofessional Aides: Ignite Education Solutions is hiring paraprofessional aides for the WHSD. If interested, call 814-262-0732.
- Emergency Substitute Teachers (any bachelor's degree) - Contact Karen Makin, IU8
- School Bus Drivers: McIlwain School Bus Lines is hiring drivers for the WHSD. If interested, email or call Mr. Conrad Sikirica at [email protected] or 814-288-1594.
What's in an application packet for a teaching or professional position?
- Letter of Interest
- Standard PA Standard Teacher's application
- Valid PA Teaching Certificate
- College Transcripts & Praxis scores
- 3 letters of reference
- Current clearances (Acts 34, 114, 151, & PDE 6004 Arrest & Conviction Report)
- Copy of recent Act 126 training certificate (Mandated Reporter Training)
- Act 168 Forms (complete top and section 1 for any previous applicable employer and send them back to us. Upon hiring we will be mailed to any previous employers (blank forms can be found on the right-hand side of this page)
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT TEACHERS
Please submit clearances, etc. to the district office: [email protected]:
6004, criminal history (act 34), child abuse (act 151), FBI (act 114), mandated reporter certificate, and the health screening form including results of TB test
CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS:
We are always in need of qualified day-to-day subs! Work as much or as little as you want! Eligible candidates must hold a valid PA teaching certificate.
- PA teachers application (link below)
- a copy of your PA certificate
- Copy of transcripts
- Health screening & TB test form - below (must be within 1 year of application date)
- Federal Act 114 (code 1KG6XN)
- Act 34
- Act 151
- PDE 6004 (link below)
- Act 168 (link below) to be sent to past employers
PROSPECTIVE TEACHERS INTERESTED IN SUBSTITUTING
(Act 86 of 2016):
The educator must:
- Be currently enrolled in a Pennsylvania-approved college or university teacher preparation program;
- Have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours or equivalent; and
- Meet requirements of the School Code related to clearances, citizenship, and good moral character.
- The educator may teach a maximum of 10 days for a single employee and a maximum of 20 days per school year.
- Under Act 91 of 2021, for the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years only there is no limit to the number of hours or days a prospective teacher may substitute except for someone who is student teaching per 22 Pa. Code § 354.25(f).
- Individuals fulfilling the student teaching experience per 22 Pa. Code §354.25(f) may not substitute for longer than 10 days for a single professional employee or no more than 20 days total for the school year and must possess at least one satisfactory observation related to their student teacher program.
- Please note that after the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years, any service on a prospective teacher permit prior to service during the student teacher program in the same school year will be counted toward the 20 total days limitation.
- The permit may be reissued for one additional year, as long as the educator:
- Provides proof of completion of an additional 15 credits hours or equivalent from a PDE-approved preparation program provider; and
- Remains enrolled in a PDE-approved preparation program.
- The LEA is responsible for maintaining accurate records and evidence of the above requirements being met.
Send all info to:
Mrs. Mary Sheehan Hartnett
222 Fair Oaks Drive
Johnstown PA 15905