Elementary School Nurse
Mrs. Misty Stephens, RN, BSN, PCCN
Telephone: (814) 255-8771
Fax: (814) 255-8793
Hello, my name is Mrs. Misty Stephens and I am the new elementary school nurse here at Westmont Elementary! I am so excited to care for your child during their school day. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I live in Westmont with my husband Mallie, three daughters that attend the elementary school (so I am right there beside you when it comes to concerns for our children's health in school), and a small zoo of animals! As far as my nursing background-I graduated with my Bachelor of Science in nursing from Mount Aloysius College and have been a nurse in the hospital setting for the past 17 years floating throughout the hospital system. I am certified to teach CPR/first aid, ACLS, and PALS courses. Many of you know that I love being part of our community. I am the Healthy Kids Running Series community coordinator of Johnstown, a Westmont multi-level girl scout troop leader, and a church youth club volunteer/ Sunday school teacher. I welcome all parents to feel free to contact me any time there is a question, concern, or new information regarding your child’s medical needs. I promise to give the students the quality care they deserve and look forward to establishing a relationship with you and your child. These are certainly challenging times filled with uncertainty and concern that are impacting our entire community and country, but I hope we can work together to make this a great year for everybody.
A FEW REMINDERS:
- Please screen your student daily with the COVID-19 Parent screening tool.
- Medication forms should be turned in with any prescription or over the counter medication. Medications should never be delivered to school by the student. Students may not carry any type of mediation with them (except inhalers or epi-pens).
- If your child has asthma or a life-threatening allergy, please have an asthma action plan filled out or a food allergy action plan.
- IMMUNIZATIONS: If students are not up to date on vaccines or do not have appropriate documentation of exemption or catch up schedule, the student will be exempt from school after 5 days (*Currently for the 20-21 school year, you have 2 months from the start of the school year to be compliant with immunizations). If you have questions or concerns, please contact me for further information.
Immunizations – 2020 - 2021 School Year - Updated Information & Requirements
(Required immunizations as per Pennsylvania Department of Health and Westmont Hilltop School District)
The following immunizations are required for attendance in all grades:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose was given)
- 3 doses of measles, mumps, rubella
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
Mandated Elementary Health Screenings
Forms and Policies